Gunmen attack Ekiti community, abduct three

Gun wielding kidnappers numbering 10, on Friday evening attacked Isinbode Ekiti in Ekiti East Local Government Area of the State and abducted three persons.

The assailants, according to an eyewitness, attacked a Sawmill located along Isinbode-Ode road and dispossessed the workers of their personal belongings and abducted two from the scene.

The source told DAILY POST that after the operation, the kidnappers had waylaid a Hilux Van conveying a top government official and rained bullet on the vehicle and one of the occupants was kidnapped.

“The hoodlums stormed a sawmill in the area where they dispossessed traders and workers of their money and valuables while two persons, a man and a woman were abducted.

“While the criminals were fleeing the community, a Hilux van conveying a senior officer of a government agency was attacked in which the driver was shot.

“The driver of the Hilux was hit by bullets forcing him to wait on the highway. This led to the kidnap of the unknown top government’s functionary,” the source stated.

When contacted, the Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Sunday Abutu, confirmed the incident, disclosing that one out of the abductors had escaped from captivity.

Abutu said the kidnappers are now left with two persons, including the senior civil servant.

The police spokesperson added that the police were on the trail of the criminals, promising that the captives shall be freed unhurt.

Abutu disclosed that the shot driver has been rescued to a hospital where he is currently receiving medical treatment.

Much More 9ja

This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Muchmore9ja.com.ng, Nigeria's Entertainment and Information Website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Troops eliminate notorious bandits in Benue, Taraba

Sat Jul 11 , 2020
The Defence Headquarters has said that the troops of Operation Whirl Stroke, have eliminated two notorious bandits who had been attacking communities in Benue and Taraba States. The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, in a statement on Saturday, said the operation was executed on Friday. Enenche explained that […]

Much More 9ja

Muchmore9ja.com.ng

Nigerian Entertainment and Information Website

Categories